Family: Thomas Horner STONE, ,Transported Convict. / Harriett JEFFREY (F4525)

m. 3 Feb 1845


Family Information    |    Notes    |    All

  • Father | Male
    Thomas Horner STONE, ,Transported Convict.

    Born  1809  London, Middlesex, England Find all individuals with events at this location
    Died  5 Nov 1893  Condobolin, New South Wales, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location
    Buried    Condobolin, New South Wales, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location
    Married  3 Feb 1845  Spring Grove, NSW, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location
    Father   
    Mother   

    Mother | Female
    Harriett JEFFREY

    Born  1829  Edenbridge, Kent, UK Find all individuals with events at this location
    Died  1 Mar 1902  Condobolin, New South Wales, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location
    Buried    Condobolin, New South Wales, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location
    Father   
    Mother   

    Child 1 | Male
    Frederick STONE

    Born  28 Oct 1849  Forbes, New South Wales, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location
    Died  20 May 1926  Condobolin, New South Wales, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location
    Buried    Condobolin, NSW.Australia(Unmarked grave) Find all individuals with events at this location
    Spouse  Ellen BATES | F297 
    Married  5 Aug 1870  Forbes, New South Wales, Australia Find all individuals with events at this location

  • Notes  Married:
    • Thomas and Harriett were married Rev Colin Stewart,itinerant Presbyterian Minister.
      They had fifteen children between 1845 and 1874, many of whom lived, married and are buried in the Condobolin district of New South Wales.Both Thomas Horner and his wife are buried in the Condobolin Cemetery,NSW.

      Spring Grove: An explanation of place names by John Symonds
      From Blayney, there is a well-established road to Orange, along which is the village of Millthorpe,located at the crossroads of the track from Blackman's Swamp (Orange) to King's Plains (Blayney) and the track from Flyers Creek to Vittoria.

      It began with the first land grant to Charles Booth in 1836 and the area being called Spring Grove. By the time the railway came through in the 1870s, there was a confusion of names all starting with Spring, particularly the Spring Hill railway station. The village was renamed Millthorpe to recognise the newly constructed flour mill and to use the old English word for village, Thorpe.




This site powered by The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding ©, written by Darrin Lythgoe 2001-2020.